Harris Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Description
- Natural Product – Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application in difficult to reach areas.
- Hundreds of Uses – Mother nature’s best kept secret with hundreds of uses. We encourage you to explore the many benefits of food grade diatomaceous earth!
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
Harris Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is composed of 100% ground freshwater DE, with no additives. The product is made of the naturally occurring fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of algae that forms in freshwater. These remains are ground up into a soft, fine white powder that carries many different uses. It’s chemical free and completely safe to use around children and pets.
Harris Diatomaceous Earth is listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute (OMRI) for organic use. It’s sealed tight and packaged in a 10lb bag that can be resealed and easily reopened for ongoing usage. Included in the bag is a powder duster, allowing for easy application of a fine dusting of powder.
Powder Duster Included
Use the Harris powder duster with extension nozzle for application of food grade diatomaceous earth. Once filled, screw the cap on tight and turn the duster upside down. Keep powder as dry as possible, as it will clump and not puff properly if wet. Also, be careful not to fill the duster to much when first starting out to prevent clogging.
- Flexible Body with Bellows
- Applicator Extension
- Fine Tip Nozzle
- Cap (Base)
Mix diatomaceous earth right in your succulent soil when potting or re-potting a plant.
When you purchase cactus or other succulents at a nursery, a big box store or online, you just never know if there are unwanted bugs on the leaves, stems or roots. Sometimes there are pests that are just not readily seen. Because of this we always mix in a little diatomaceous earth with our succulent soil. We also spread a little DE on the surface of the soil to prevent or kill unwanted bugs that crawl across. Diatomaceous earth is non-toxic and will not harm you or your pets. It will lose its effectiveness when it gets wet so reapply it when needed.
Harris Diatomaceous Earth – Food Grade Quality
Never buy any diatomaceous earth that is sold as a pool cleaning compound. DE labeled as a pool cleaner is the lowest grade and is not suitable for your plants. It has been intentionally heat treated which strips it of its insecticide properties. Harris Diatomaceous Earth is certified food grade quality which is the top rating and which also means it is suitable to ingest. (Yes, people actually do that for health reasons.) The Harris brand diatomaceous earth is safe and will bring you fantastic results.